Pages

21 October 2013

The 100

By Kass Morgan
ISBN: 9780316234478
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 
September 3rd 2013
Number of Pages: 277
Source: Local Library
Goodreads Summary
In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late. Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.






My Rating: 



I will be honest - I was not able to finish this book. I stopped reading at pg. 70.

If I have time, I just might come back to this book at a later date. Right now, I saw that it is part of a series, which initially turns me off of a lot of books because the sequels are spaced too far apart for me to follow the story well enough. So after all the books come out, I may re-visit. 

The premise of this books sounds cool, but after reading some reviews, it doesn't sound like what the summary blurb says. 

From what I was able to glean from this book in the first 70 pages is that it is a bit confusing to follow. We have 4 POVs?? That's asking a bit much in my opinion. Not only is the reader trying to connect with so many characters, we have flashbacks mixed in with the present day. Yes, it is helpful to see where these characters are coming from. However, I think it may be more effective and easier to read if this story was just told in chronological order.

No comments:

Post a Comment